Feb 21 – Rob DeMotsis – What You Should Do as the New SQL Server DBA?
February 9, 2013 in Meetings
When: Thursday, Feb 21st
Pizza at 5:30 PM
Meeting at 6:00 PM
Where: New Horizons
4775 American Way
Memphis, TN, 38118
Join us on Thursday, Feb 21st, as Rob Demotsis talks what you should do as the new DBA at a new location.
As usual, refreshments will be served around 5:30 PM and the meeting will start at 6 PM.
This will be a back-to-basics presentation.
- The DBA’s role is in today’s business.
- How to quickly understand your environment?
- Ways to make a few quick wins.
- Ways to improve your skill sets.
- And then … an open forum for discussing questions and concerns from the audience.
Rob DeMotsis is currently a DBA at Baptist Memorial Hospital. For the last 15 years I have worked throughout Memphis and Dallas/Fort Worth as a SQL Server DBA in various industries. My hobbies include rock and fossil collecting, photography, and reading.
Number of View :2430